- Average condo rents up 12%
- 25,000 condos in 2014 and 86% presold
- Conference Board of Canada
- 633 condo units sold in Toronto in August 2013
- Oversupply of condos 2014-2015 lead to falling rents
- University Avenue, Millionaire's Row
- 181 Presale s-o-l; Developer changes to Rentals ...Hmmm
- Pension funds might move into Condo's
“We recognize that it creates certain vulnerabilities for the market should demand unexpectedly fall,” Urbanation said in a recent report on its website. “However we also don’t believe it should be used as the main basis for projecting a decline in condo prices.”
TD Bank warned recently that Toronto’s condo market will see prices drop by an average of 4 per centthis year and next, blaming a drop in demand amid a continued building boom.
“The number of new units scheduled to be completed in the GTA over the next two years is striking at a time when new condo sales are dwindling,” TD says, noting that high-rise condo buildings have accounted for 60 per cent of supply of overall new homes in the GTA since 2011. That compares to 28 per cent in 2000. -- 2014 April 2 Yahoo!
Mid-rise Buildings Challenge Developers & City